Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Let's play...


Very appropriate to Halloween is posting about our "pet" spider. I'm not sure how long our tarantula has been around but we first noticed it just over a year ago. Yesterday I saw it on the wall close to it's house (hole). So I quickly took a picture (unfortunately with my phone). I love spiders. I've instructed our pest control company to avoid the area around the tarantula and it's doing fine so far. So here's the "game". I have a link with pictures of different species of tarantulas. Everyone take a look then post a comment about which one you think it is. If you have any ideas about whether it's a male or female I'd love to hear your opinion on that too. My guess is female based on it's width. I'm also hoping it's a female since they live 30-40 yrs. as opposed to a male's 3-6 year life span. Then after all that fun go ahead and submit a name idea. Tarantula Gallery

6 comments:

abi said...

Ok ewwww. Weird that you posted this. Go to my blog and check out my friend the Kings blog. They recently posted a REALLY yucky about tarantulas. And I don't really want to look at the "tarantula gallery" but I might.

Stephanie F. said...

Yeah, you won't be getting comments from me on species either :)
Yuck! But you are cool to love your tarantula.

Heidi P said...

I am glad you have seen it now, and not just its hole ;)

Chardell said...

After doing more searching I've found that it's layman name is just Desert Tarantula. But when I look up pictures they have all black legs. Oh well...maybe mine is just unique.

Wendy said...

That is soooooo cool!!! I am jealous. I did a search for Desert Tarantula, and the photos showed many variations. So, I guess they can be unique.

stephanie said...

OMG!!! I cant believe it! You are so nice to like your trantula. Your family looks cute for halloween. Did you all go as a group trick or treating?