Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving!

Some of the kids found a King Snake. My uncle was not thrilled they disturbed him and made them put him back. Yay Uncle Alvin! Adrienne was so terrified she ran to the corner of the barn. Sorry Adrienne...it still makes me giggle. I don't know the kids names' in the picture. They are some of my cousins' kids and I don't know which cousins. If any of you recognize them let me know.


We had every meal here. This is about 1/3 of the family. 1/3 wasn't in the "barn" at the time and the other 1/3 didn't come this year. Notice the disco ball hanging from the ceiling. This is for the dances we have during the reunion. They usually invite the youth from town. We don't want people marrying their cousins right? Notice the torture devices on the wall. No really it's farm equipment and cooking utensils. I think they're even still used. I washed a potato masher with a handle that was made from a tree branch. Very exciting.


I'm not going to attempt to name all the people in the pictures though the sweet lady in the rocking chair is my Grandma Hancock! I'm so lucky to have this family!


Hans spent every waking minute in the kitchen with his Dad, Mom and Aunt Lavern. Many others helped many hours but those 4 never seemed to leave. Those dutch oven yams were amazing!

2 comments:

Stephanie F. said...

I had no idea you were going to that huge thing :) Fun! You're mom's nails look pretty.

stephanie said...

That is a huge Thanksgiving!!! How many turkies did you have to cook?