Friday, February 29, 2008

My Sister

I can't let today go by without posting about my sister. Today is the first anniversary of Morina's death. It's been four years but since she died on leap year this is the first time the actual date of her death has passed. I miss her every day. There are still times that something will happen and I'll think "I need to call Morina and tell her" before I remember that I can't call her. I used to call her several times a day. It was so easy to make her laugh. She's one of the most giving people I've ever known. Anyway I'm not trying to write a second eulogy. I just wanted to put something in print about today. I love you Morina!!!


6 comments:

Stephanie F. said...

I don't really know what to say. You are so amazing to me, I hope you know that. I've been thinking about Morina and all of her family today.
I love you! Thanks for being a great friend :)

Wendy said...

Morina was like the big sister I never had. I can't even imagine how difficult it's been to lose her.

I'm sorry that she's not around to chat with you.

Heidi P said...

Wow, Chardell...Your Morina is my Stephanie. She is still around you, and I am sure you are still making her laugh. Thanks for being another sister to Stephanie, I know she is grateful for you. Thanks for your example and strength.

abi said...

I hope you know that I'm thinking about you. I'm so glad you are my friend. I wish I was better at saying the right thing, but I'm so not. You are really good at that, and I love you for it.

Chardell said...

Thanks everyone! Your comments all mean so much to me. What a great finish to the day!

Carol~ said...

We send our love and thoughts to you and all the family. Morina was a wonderful and loving person that is missed by all of us too. We think of her often as well and miss her. You are one of the strongest people I know. Morina is proud of you and who you are!