Saturday, March 1, 2008

Empathy for Mom...


Rob was in Vegas last night so I was home alone. I was talking to my mom on the phone and said "That's weird. My motion light in the front yard just went on." It didn't even warrant mentioning though because it goes on all the time. But it was enough to get my mom all worried about me being here alone. When I hung up I shook my head thinking it was so silly for my mom to worry. Then I started obsessing about Ashley babysitting 2 doors away from my house. I didn't know a number where I could reach her because the family only uses cell phones and I didn't know which one (if any) they had left with her. I pictured her there terrified not knowing what to do and finally walked over to assess the situation. Ashley answered the door with a look on her face that said "What are you doing here? Are you insane?" And I immediately came to the conclusion my mom isn't silly at all. In fact she's less paranoid than I am because my daughter was only 2 doors away and perfectly fine. Mom- No break ins last night. We're all fine. I love you!

7 comments:

Stephanie F. said...

Love the lion pic. You didn't tell me you had that conversation with your mom last night. I just thought you were thinking she worried about you in general. That is so funny. Glad you survived last night :) Love the new pics on your sidebar too!

Chardell said...

Yeah I love that picture. What's funny about it is that after I put the picture on my blog I went back to the window where I got the picture to close it and noticed it was called Mother and Daughter. Pretty cool!

Heidi P said...

Funny. Steph and I were just talking about how we get scared when we are alone, and have to talk ourselves out of it. Jairon is out of town, and this morning, I found my garage somehow open?! Very weird... I am glad I found it this morning rather than last night. I wouldn't have slept here. Glad your safe! :)

abi said...

You are so funny. I always freak myself out like that. But, I wouldn't have been able to leave all the kids to go down the street, in the dark, by myself, you are braver than you think my friend. haha.

Stephanie F. said...

Haha, except she made me stay on the phone with her while she walked there. What am I going to do over the phone ;)

Stephanie F. said...

I didn't mean to imply that Chardell is not brave.

Chardell said...

The kids were all sleeping except Cole so I wasn't worried about them. I had to stay on the phone with Stephanie because I'm more afraid of my imagination than I am of any real danger. When on the phone I can distract myself from myself. :) Conclusion: I'm not brave at all. haha.