Monday, June 30, 2008

Our Anniversary!



I copied this idea from another blog and would love to give them credit but I can't remember which one so if you're reading this and you've done this same thing then it was probably you. I'm listing what happened in each of the 14 years Rob and I have been together. Happy anniversary Rob! I love you more every day.

Year#:
1. We lived downtown Salt Lake. Rob was a Realtor and I worked for Ming Intl. We walked all over downtown for fun and at night we would lay in bed and listen to various homeless people arguing. It was very entertaining.

2. Ashley was born! Rob worked for a juvenile detention center.

3. Rob decided to go back to school. We moved to Cedar City where Rob attended SUU.

4. Cole was born! Rob finished undergrad .

5. We moved to Virginia so Rob could attend University of Richmond Law School. I started working for Target.

6. Luke was born! We moved to California where Rob was offered a scholarship and Western State University Law School.

7. We continued through law school and stayed in Fullerton, CA for 2 years. I especially loved serving as primary presidency. What a great ward that was!

8. We moved to Sandy, UT. Rob transferred to U. of U. Law School. We had so much fun living by family!

9. Sage was born! In order to graduate Rob spent 3 months back in California finishing a class the U didn't offer.

10. Rob graduated law school! We moved back to California for a job offer. I started working for Target again. California was just not working this time.

11. We moved to St. George. I got my real estate license and Rob did mortgages. We moved from a rented townhouse and bought a house in Bloomington.

12. We started sending the kids to a charter school. It's alot more driving but definitely worth it. The real estate market was great and we had never been happier. Rob was called to Elder's quorum presidency. I was called to primary presidency. Having responsibilities has always made us happy.

13. Noah was born! The market crashed. Rob started working on starting a new business while still doing mortgages.

14. We've still never been happier. St. George is definitely where we belong.

That's 14 years of marital bliss! Okay so life isn't always perfect but when you have such a great spouse by your side it feels pretty perfect. I couldn't ask for more!

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
Martin Luther

5 comments:

Heidi P said...

That was cute Chardell! Happy Anniversary! I love those pictures of you two. Glad you are happy and have a good spouse. Hope you got to go out! :)

abi said...

Happy Anniversary! What a fun way to remember. Doing anything fun?

Stephanie F. said...

Aww. That was really nice. I don't think I could remember what happened each year.
Happy Anniversary!!!

stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary!!So cute! Your kids are so darn cute too!!! Good way of keeping in touch :)

Jennifer Shorr said...

You two are adorable. Love reading your married-life synopsis. I'll have to steal that idea too! :-)

How did I not know you had the kids with a charter school the last couple years?! Do they go everyday? I'd love to here more about how it.

Natalie stayed with our charter school again this year, but she's going back to our local elementary school in the fall. She's excited and ready.

The last two years at our charter school were positive though, and I'd totally do it again.