Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Concerned Teacher...

Luke's teacher tracked me down when I was picking up the kids yesterday. She mentioned she was a little concerned and there's something she thought I should know. She said she thinks Luke is 8 going on 13 because he seems fascinated with the opposite sex lately and yesterday he drew a picture of a "super bra". I had a hard time not giggling at this point but I stifled it. I apologized to the teacher and told her I would talk to him about it. I don't think what he drew was such a big deal but I did tell Luke that school isn't the place for anything like that and not to draw underwear anywhere. I don't know maybe I'm making nothing out of something that could be more serious? Feel free to express your opinions. I'm difficult if not impossible to offend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that is all he drew,after all the adds the TV and the rest or the world puts out there .
That how it goes when you have an older sister and an older brother not to mention all the bill boar, Just have a good laugh after he leaves the room and count your blessings that he drew the bra and not the boob.
you did real good!!

Elder & Sister Hintze's East Malaysia Mission said...

Haha! I'm laughing at both your story and your mom's comment! Awesome!

Elder & Sister Hintze's East Malaysia Mission said...

Oops this is Stephanie, signed in under my parents :)

Wendy said...

I would have giggled too. Of course, I have a "sprited" child (possibly two) and sometimes all you can do is laugh.

I don't think it's a big deal. He's to an age where he's going to notice differences in gender, and find them fascinating. I think you handled it perfectly.