Sunday, April 6, 2008

General Conference...


Wow. I'm so thankful to be a part of the church today. What a great conference. Each General Conference gets better and better. It can't just be me. President Monson had me laughing one sentence and crying the next. I love him and I'm so glad to have him as our prophet. I loved so many talks but I specifically want to comment on M. Russell Ballard's talk. He spoke about living in the moment when you have children. I've been so blessed with the ability to do this. I remember as a child adults telling me to enjoy being a child because it passes quickly. I took that advice to heart and tried to cherish each moment. As an adult with young children I had elders tell me the same thing: "Enjoy them while they're young. It passes so quickly." I have so many moments when I watch them and try to absorb every second of their life. I know I don't always do it but I definitely try. And one day when they're gone I'll try to do the same with my grandchildren. This life is definitely short and these spirits we've been given are such an amazing gift. I also know that associating with other children besides our own blesses our lives immensely. They are all so different and being a part of their lives can only add to ours. Okay I'm really laying it on thick but what can you expect when I listened to the prophet only 10 minutes ago?

2 comments:

Heidi P said...

I have been thinking about how 'in the moment' I live with my kids too. Its always great to get a reminder to help us be aware of our lives. Thanks for the nice post!

Stephanie F. said...

You're so awesome. I'm so grateful you are my friend :)